Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nobody Cheated Me Tonight!

The Trews were playing at Louis' tonight. After it was over they were getting into their van/RV/superbus thingy and had about 15 pretty fine looking ladies from Louis' joining them. The ladies that I picked up, they tried, and were rejected. I laughed on the inside.

A fight at The Hose. While taking one of the victims to the hospital for a cut above his eye, he told his uncle had connections and that one word of this event to him, and 'that guy would be fucking dead'.

I happened to hear two of my customers saying that they worked with The Sheaf. I was planning to call their office on Monday to try and get an article for AIESEC. I struck up the conversation and things look positive on that front. Hopefully they actually remember that conversation, I even got his business card. On a side note, who takes business cards with them to Tequila's?

Food eaten in my cab tonight: McDonald's, Vern's, Tim Horton's, Subway, hotdog, and chocolate bars. Only one of those was me.

Highlight of the night: The sky. It started with a clear sky and a huge full moon, and ended with fog rolling in that reflected the light of the city. It gave off a purple and orange glow and made the city have a very surreal dream-like presence. The moments between trips were very peaceful because of that....and then it started raining.

Random moment: at the end of the ride, one of my customers shook my hand and said 'white power!'

New hobby: late at night, cab drivers usually wave at eachother when they pass, regardless of which company they work for. Sometimes when I'm alone in the cab and I see another cab driver approaching, I'll either make funny faces at him or crank my radio and start fist pumping as I pass. The looks I get really make my evening a lot better.

If you're driving near Ruth and Lorne late at night, try to avoid Stan's Place. First of all, don't go in the building. Secondly, half the cars that come out of that parking lot are drunk drivers. The murder that happened there last week was of no surprise to me. I have not found a worse place in the city to frequent late on a weekend.

2 comments:

  1. The first place I ever bought booze at when I was underage was at Stan's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, raging racism still alive in SK. What a surprise.

    ReplyDelete