Sunday, November 21, 2010

Welcome to Sketch-town

My evening started with a mad craving for McDonalds that only a drunk would understand. It took a considerable amount of will power to stick to my regular cabbing diet of a donut and hot chocolate....that is, until 2:30, when a customer needed his McDonald's. A closed 51st street location would not stop him, and when we eventually found an open McDonald's, a 10 car line-up in the drive thru wouldn't stop him either. Unfortunately, he insisted all too much that he buy me a couple cheeseburgers. I caved.

It was at that point I decided to never eat McDonald's while working ever again.

My customer was a group of 6 who went to McDonald's and bought me a cheeseburger and a McFlurry. They were both delicious.

One group of ladies had the extreme pleasure of having me as their cabbie not once but twice for the evening. Unfortunately, they had a third cab trip that wasn't with me. This cabbie brought them to a bar that was closed and left quickly before they realized, which is when I came to their rescue. They somehow rationalized that I should give them a discount because this was their second trip with me and they were screwed by another driver. There's no reason why I should give them a discount. They got 50% off.

My last fare was a young lady who had a pretty rough evening and had her cell phone ripped in half by her best friend. I let her use my phone and she apologized almost the whole way about being a bad customer for complaining so much. The thing is, I liked her more than most of my other customers. I liked the good feeling from being able to help her and I like hearing about other people's problems. Unfortunately I couldn't offer any wise advice, but I'm a good listener and she seemed to appreciate that....she kept apologizing though, I don't get that part, I felt weird that I had to say 'that's okay' repeatedly, and then make up a story about how my phone minutes were about to expire so they needed to be used up anyway. Tip: $4.00

Overall evening rating: Sketchy

No comments:

Post a Comment