Sunday, April 24, 2011

Now With Pictures...

With the winter season finally drawing to a close and students staying in and studying for finals, my evenings have begun to slow down quite bit. This means that I have to find new ways to entertain myself and pass the time. This weekend brought two new activities. The first is that I bought cables for my iPod so that I can watch TV shows and movies on the screen in the backseat. The cables also mean that I don't have to bring my book of CDs which means I now have room to stash a camera in my utility box (for lack of a better term). Therefore, I will now be able to capture random night moments around the city. There are many of these, but unfortunately I've already run into two problems. 1) I'm driving customers and can't stop for a lot of the best moments, plus they happen too quick (like a drunk driver driving hitting the meridian and destroying their front end yesterday - everyone was okay and the cops were nearby) and 2) I suck at taking pictures. So, there won't be that many good pictures, but hopefully I'll get a few decent ones.

I drove a geeky stag party which was kinda funny. While driving by the University one guy proposed that we stop so they could go to the Cove and play video games while drunk....the bachelor seconded that proposal but we continued on to Jax's anyway (going to Jax's is a pretty good sign that they don't go out to bars much). He had a booby hat, I squeezed the booby upon request.

Not many other interesting people this weekend, just random conversations about music, drugs, prefererance of women by race, drunk guys who cant have sex, business opportunities, and the effects of someone slipping drugs into your drink while at the bar.

I did see Sailor Dan wearing a Sombrero tonight. Tried to get a picture but each time I saw him I had a customer in the car. Didn't see whether his drawing were still ships or if he learned how to draw something Mexican-related.

Here is my first picture of night-time shenanigans:


I may have had some involvement in this.

I'm also seeking recommendations on what do with new movie-playing and picture-taking abilities. I mean, what would do if after a long night of drinking and dancing you got into a cab and an episode of Dora the Explorer was playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment