Sunday, January 9, 2011

Carson Gets A Speeding Ticket

In the hour leading up to my shift I was faced with a decision. Clearly sick, the smart thing to do would have been to call in sick and not go. However, my financial situation made me think twice. On top of that, I wasn't sure if I even could take a sick day. Would I still have to pay my lease? Does it cost me $80 to not go to work? Whatever, off to work I go. I'll put in 4-5 hours, make my $80 and maybe a bit more, and then just pack it in.

Three hours come and go, business is good and my bed is within sight. Unfortunately, the other thing within my sight (my rear-view sight to be precise) are the ole' cherries and berries. As I'm pulled over the cop walks up to my window and yells 'You will respect my authori-TAY!'. The only necessary reply was for me to pull out my 9 mm and show that pig who's boss. Before I know it we are out in the street, guns in our holsters and eyes locked, each ready for the other to make the first move. Silence swept over the city. An empty plastic bag danced its way through our duel as the tension grew to unbearable heights. The only thing needed to perfectly capture the mood would have been a homeless man whistling the tune to The Good The Bad And The Ugly. Unfortunately, none such vagrant was to be found.

So ya.....$127 speeding ticket for going 67 down Circle Drive. I personally feel that it is retarded that the speed limit is 50 down there. At this point I went from being $10 in the hole to being faced with a big red $140. Sleep was not looking like a possibility for me at this point.

I did get have good customers. I got some good tips for letting some people play with my iPod. They seemed to like the Tom Petty and Michael Jackson, but were confused as to why Mozart was on my iPod as well. They also gave me a beer and I promised I'd drink it when I was done my shift. I am currently fulfilling that promise.

New game for when you are drunk in a taxi:

No one is allowed to say the same punchline multiple times. If you do, you get punched in the face-check that-I come punch you in the face. Seriously, happens two or three times I night. Someone makes a joke and then just keeps repeating the punchline all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment