Sunday, January 16, 2011

You're All Freeloaders

I'll admit it, I have anger management issues. Except, unlike most people my issue is that I can't seem to stay angry. I really wanted to have an angry night. Everything was going wrong. I had to stand around for the first 40 minutes of my shift while they finished an oil change on my vehicle (I was not even made aware of this until 20 minutes into my shift). Then, I find out they stole my map book when they cleaned the vehicle and did the oil change, but I was all the way on the other side of the city. So, I had to drive all the way back and spend $27 on a new one, only to find the old one the second I stepped back into my cab. Then I had shitty customers who didn't tip. At one point I was actually flipping off random pedestrians on Broadway, so I suppose I can show some anger.

...but that didn't last. I don't know how to explain this next part, but I made myself feel better by giving a free ride to some sort-of friends I was driving to Outlaws. I was mad because I wasn't working and wasn't making money, so I gave up even more money and felt better because of it. There was also some Bob Marley involved and maybe that helped me feel better. Either way, anger didn't last, I just don't have it in me.

Like every other night, I got invited to a few parties tonight. A told one guy that I really can't drink when I'm working, so he said I should just come and smoke weed for a while....because that's okay. One party was actual in my apartment building, and my shift was over in 20 minutes. Still, no go....I don't feel like going to random parties with sketchy cab customers.

One final Christmas gift came in the form of the Olympian Sports office Christmas party. I ran into three of those guys and racked up $25 on tips alone on their corporate account. They seemed to have no problem taking detours around the city. $52 is now my biggest fare collected, thanks to them.

Line of the Night:
-"They want me to come to this fondue party tomorrow night"
-"FONDON'T"

No comments:

Post a Comment